National Technical Honor Society
The National Technical Honor Society is America’s highest award for excellence in career and technical education. Like its academic counterpart, the National Honor Society, the NTHS honors student achievement and leadership, promotes educational excellence, and enhances career opportunities. As a member, not only are you identified as representing excellence in career and technical education, but there are significant occupational opportunities made available for America's top workforce education students. Students are nominated by their instructors and have to meet the criteria of community service, grade point average at both their sending high school and at Hancock County Technical Center.
The purpose of NTHS is to:
● recognize and honor excellence in career and technical education,
● encourage students to reach for higher levels of achievement, develop self-esteem and pride,
● champion a stronger, more positive image for career and technical education in America,
● promote critical workplace values including skill development, honesty, responsibility, service, citizenship, and leadership,
● help member schools and colleges build and maintain effective partnerships with local business and industry,
● provide greater career opportunities for members, and
● promote educational excellence in America.