We are fortunate at EHS that we have generous support from the greater Ellsworth community in aiding our students as they pursue post-secondary education. Seniors should check the scholarship folder located on Google Classroom two to three times per week. Although we do have a few scholarships in, the bulk of the scholarships become available beginning in January. Pay close attention to the criteria and deadlines for each scholarship.
The scholarships contained in this booklet have been available to our students in the past. Please note that this list is subject to change. It is still early in the year, and we have not yet been notified by all donors regarding their awards, amounts and due dates.
Important Notes (PLEASE READ):
1. Many scholarships require you to use specific applications (listed in SECTION 1 of this booklet) which have been, are, or will be available in the guidance office when the donor notifies us. The majority of scholarships become available in January, February and March.
2. Several scholarships are available on-line (listed in SECTION 2 of this booklet).
3. Every student going on to ANY post-secondary school should make sure to fill out the UNIVERSAL LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION which will be mailed home to all seniors the week of March 1st and due Friday, April 1st in the guidance office. We will also upload a copy of the application to our scholarship folder on Google Classroom. By filling out this one simple application you will be applying for several scholarships (listed in SECTION 3 of this booklet) in which you meet the criteria. Be aware that some of the donors will require us to send a copy of your transcript along with your application.
4. Students requesting recommendations from administrators, school counselors, teachers, or coaches should make their request at least two weeks before the scholarship is due.
5. F.A.F.S.A. FORMS SHOULD HAVE BEEN FILED. PROFILE FORMS ALSO NEED TO BE FILED IF YOUR COLLEGE REQUIRES THEM.
6. SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETE WHEN SUBMITTED – This means that all supporting materials that are asked for must be in one PDF when submitted.
7. The due date column in each section of this booklet has been left blank for students to record the due date listed on each application.
It is each student's responsibility to check the scholarship folder in Google Classroom several times a week to see if the applications for the scholarship they are looking for are available. Deadlines are also the responsibility of the student.
LATE APPLICATIONS MAY NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR SOME SCHOLARSHIPS; SOME DONORS MAY ACCEPT THEM AND NOTE THAT THEY ARE LATE.