Care recommendations are generally the same for all devices - Chromebooks, iPads and MacBook Airs.
- Before cleaning the device, power it off and unplug the power adapter.
- Use a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with water, to clean the device’s exterior and screen.
- If you wish to disinfect the device, you may use a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipe or Clorox Disinfecting wipe, so long as it is not dripping with excess liquid.
- Do not use bleach, aerosol sprays, solvents, abrasives, or cleaners containing hydrogen peroxide that might damage the finish.
- Do not submerge your device in any cleaning agents or other liquid.
- Avoid using devices on cushioned surfaces (i.e. pillows, blankets, etc) that may cause the device to become overheated.
- Avoid extreme temperatures such as leaving the device in a cold or hot car. If your device experiences an extreme temperature, bring it to a room temperature location and let sit for at least 20 minutes before attempting to use it.
- When the device is not in use, store it in a safe location to minimize accidents such as drops, liquid-spills or other damage.