Many students have come to the office sharing concerns about the Momo Challenge being shared and discussed on social media sites. The Momo challenge ask kids to do things that may cause personal harm to themselves and others.
I have linked an article from News Center Maine discussing the situation. https://www.newscentermaine.co...
In summary of the article:
- Momo is a sculpture
- The Momo challenge in 2018 reached kids by friend request through the WhatsApp.
This is a great reminder to review your child’s online activity and be present in their digital footprint.
Some suggestions include:
- Use technology devices in a common family area.
- Spend time together online, and model appropriate behavior.
- Review current friends list and treat any new friend requests with caution.
- Review, monitor and set limits on internet and gaming activity.