Notice to Architectural & Engineering Firms
Request for Qualifications
The City of Ellsworth and the Ellsworth School Department wishes to procure architectural/engineering services to conduct a feasibility and planning study for the renovation/expansion or replacement of the Hancock County Technical Center.
The selected form will work closely with the Hancock County Technical Center Facility Feasibility (HCTCFF) Steering Committee, on behalf of the City of Ellsworth and Ellsworth School Department, to review and incorporate identified current future programming needs and the connection of current and future programming as it relates to the region’s workforce development needs into a study of options to renovate/expand, or replace the existing Hancock County Technical Center.
Analyses will include but not be limited to:
- Reviewing previously completed studies of the physical plant conditions;
- Determining options for more efficient and effective utilization of current space, possible building expansion options to satisfy classroom and laboratory space needs, flexibility for short and long term programmatic additions and modifications to meet workforce needs as determined by user interest surveys, identified and emerging local, regional, and state workforce needs, and labor force data trends.
- Evaluating renovation/expansion of the existing facility vs. replacement of the existing facility
Interested firms should submit 15 (fifteen) copies of a Letter of Interest and Qualifications which includes the firm’s:
- qualifications to undertake this project
- list of Career and Technology Education and /or other similar school projects completed in the last 10 years that demonstrate the firm’s capabilities, with client contact information for each project;
- list of current projects, present workload, availability, and ability to absorb the project;
- profiles of key personnel who will be involved with this project;
- experience with incorporating standards developed by the USGBC’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED); and
- list of business references other than those listed above, including contact information.
The firm chosen for this project must be capable of starting immediately following the conclusion of the selection process and may, at the owner’s option, be retained to design and oversee the construction of a major renovation or replacement of the existing Hancock County Technical Center.
The Letter of Interest and Qualifications should be sent to Daniel Higgins, Superintendent of Schools, Ellsworth School Department, 66 Main Street, Suite 201, Ellsworth, Maine so as to be received not later than 2:00 p.m. on November 8, 2019.
Firms responding will be screened and interviewed on the basis of qualifications only. Project fees and specific design solutions for this project will not be discussed at the interview. Specific program information will not be available before the screening of qualification packages. The Screening Committee will rank all firms and negotiate fees with the highest ranked firm.
Please do not contact the City, School Department, or any member of the Steering Committee.